Monday, August 10, 2009

Ramblings

I've been thinking a lot lately about how much I love being a parent. Hadley still gets up so much at night, and of course I'm frustrated at her sometimes for it, but most of the time I see my little girl cry or reach out her arm for me and I just want to hold her and kiss her. I am still breastfeeding (this is a lot longer than pre-mom was expecting) and I love it. I have a feeling I'll be stopping soon because Hadley seems ready for it - she latches on for a few seconds and then is ready for something else. This makes me pretty sad and if you know me, you'll be shocked that I feel this way. Before I had her, I had mothering scheduled. I would have her on this date, breastfeed until this date, second kid on this date, etc...She certainly threw a wrench on my plans, but definitely for the better. There's nothing like a child to keep you on your toes.

I'm not sure if she'll read this post one day, but if she does, I want her to know how much I absolutely love being a mother, especially her mother. I'm a much better person now that I am her mother.

No comments:

Post a Comment